Sunday, March 12, 2006

If men are from mars, let them stay there!

Please do not go by the title, I am not some man hating, aggressive feminist (though I have been called that quite a few times). I think I am more then justified to make that statement. For some odd reason, a telephonic conversation with a friend of mine (yes I really do need to stop wasting so much time on the blasted telephone) sparked off a series of memories which are in retrospect quite hilarious, but were quite traumatic when they occurred.

I have a few male friends, who are utter darlings and they always seem to be redeeming the male species in my eyes. Why does the male species need redemption in my eyes? This is probably due to a series of unconnected events over the past ten years, which has led me to think that some men are indeed from mars, and it would be much better for us all if they just remained there!

let us start in 1998, i was in the eighth standard, innocent, naive and of course terribly foolish! The msn of 98 was ICQ, and of course as usual the random weirdos did add you to their list. My stupidity was to send one such random weirdo (along with thirty others) a forward, which by some painful chance told the reader to send it to people they cared about. Apna ICQ hero, of course neglected the rest of the mail and focuses just on that sentence, I then get a longgggggg mail stating how glad he was that i finally admitted that i cared for him! As you can imagine, I spent the next year fretting and dealing with that situation rather badly, however that would be a separate blog post all together (will put the letter up, it was absolutely hilarious)!

Encounter with Martian number two, next year in a shady alley outside my school, scary looking half drunk boy (probably all of 15yrs old) comes up to me and asks me if i would make friendships with him (yes, this actually happened), i mumble something to the extent of my parents don’t approve and flee the dark alley! that was terribly handled situation number two!

As the years past, the creepiness got worse, the acquisition of a cell phone opened a whole new vista of creepiness! There was the one sms a day dude, i know that sounds harmless, and it was - everyday I got the same sms ":)" that’s it! of course to spice things up he also added the occasional " I saw you smiling the other day. keep smiling" messages. The advise was well taken, whenever I think of the message I cant help but smile (read: laugh my arse off)!

Then my personal favourite and by far the creepiest! i agree this was completely self inflicted and till this day I can’t believe my stupidity. Yes, those of you who know this - it is apna Rahul! The man who randomly dialled a number to make friends with a person , and of course he chanced upon my number (i mean the universe is out to get me!). after he told me this over the phone, i most obviously assumed it was some dumbass friend of mine who had nothing else to do! So i carried the joke on, little did i know that it was really a loser who randomly picks up chicks by dialling unknown numbers - Rahul plagued me for the next 4 months!

I could really ramble on, but this post has gotten too long and I really should get back to studying. So the next time I’m off on a tangent on why some men creep me out, please remember there is a reason for everything. So till my next tirade keep smiling :)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lol...U did put it upppp! What of your LAST creepy encounter Miss D? Since i am tottering on the brink of danger i'll now step back.

BUG HIG!

Neha D. said...

My last creepy encounter? There is this creep in coll who whenever i mistakenly saunter near it, it leaps at me and hugs me for the next twenty minutes - now if thats not creepy then what is!?

BUG HIG TO U TOO!

PS - u asked for it!

Anonymous said...

Who can this be?? DDDDD...who u referring to? SOmeone i know? MUahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...Bhatavdekar is thick skinned, lowe!AM realllyyy boreeeddd...waaaahhhh

overturned blue shoe said...

aye ya what is this. ur post just got me thinking how dull and lack lustre ur life has suddenly become.. no rahul..no anyone.what is this!!do something MSN Queen!i miss your storiessss!

Neha D. said...

is that a subtle way of tellin me to get a life? hint has been taken, don't worry let the exams, entrances and other such trivial matters get over and will definately have some stories to tell...

Ranjana said...

uve got an interesting blog !

Paradigm Free said...

:) The ones you encountered were Boys! and they dont belong to Mars. When they mentally grow up (if at all) & meet the necessary conditions, Only then they officially become Men and will automatically receive greencard & social security # from Mars.

Anonymous said...

hahaha. you are still in fine nick i see. since those asian age days. haha. did not know about these by-alley encounters nor about the ICQ disaster. no wonder, no wonder you used to be such a bundle of nerves back in the day.