Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The Frayed Shoelace

The shoelace is frayed
and the sole is worn out
I still can not get myself to throw it out

The laces come undone every ten steps
and the soles do nothing for my sore feet
I still can not get rid of them

The funky silver and purple has now lost its shine
My sock peeps out through an emerging hole
Still, I can not chuck them as yet

They've gotten soaked in the Mumbai rains
and dried in the Mandalay sun
How can I even think of letting them go

They have been with me on the grimy floor of Stansted
and tripped me throughout Mahabaleshwar
These shoes are never leaving my side

From Prague to Pune, these shoes have seen me through quite a bit
No wonder the laces are frayed
They have been soaking in memories all this while

4 comments:

Dhulandhar said...

No wonder the laces are frayed
They have been soaking in memories all this while

:) Brilliant, Ms D. Getting better and better.

overturned blue shoe said...

the last line...simply super.
Mr.D...you're something!

Neha D. said...

@Dhoo, thankeee!
@Overturned, lol, revenge shall be mineeeee!

Goldbug said...

i love this! as a fellow hoarder i feel the joy of the purple and silver shoe.