Sunday, April 02, 2006

The Wrong Road

I have reached the fork in the road. It’s the time to make a choice. I can see a path in front of me; I can’t take the first step on my journey. Maybe it’s because I am petrified of where it might take me. Maybe it’s because I know once I take this path, I have no choice but to keep walking. Or worst of all maybe because I know it’s the wrong path. I know I am not meant to be here. It’s not my place. I know it, I can feel it. But I see no other paths available. I see nothing but dead ends. I have to take the wrong road. A force compels me to travel. It’s what I have to do and that’s all I know. So I walk down this wrong road, in the hope that it takes me to the right place. The place where I am meant to be. The place I keep visiting in my mind. The place called happiness. I see happiness in shades of bright blue and white swirls. I feel happiness in a cool summer breeze carrying with it the tang of oranges. It’s where I need to be, even if it means I have to travel the wrong road to get there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SOmetimes you HAVE to take the wrong road cos you know, you know you would have wondered what it would have been like if you hadnt done so. Am i rambling? No choice is useless. It satisfies your innate 'What if...?" You tend o overvalue what you dont do, and sometimes you have to do it, so that you see how little value it had. And the result? Satisfaction, and bright blue and white swirls (a very pretty image if i may say so.) Nothing that i've said makes sense, but then i can talk nonsense with you, D.